THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY SHE MATTERS
Lovell has a killer eye for breakout talent -- in clients and designers -- and a knack for smart risks (think Rose Byrne’s white Elie Saab Couture jumpsuit at the 2012 SAG Awards).
Byrne, Bella Heathcote, Mary Elizabeth Winstead
HER NEW GET
Heathcote, the Aussie actress who appeared alongside Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows, is a rising fashion star. She teamed up with Lovell less than a year ago and has since worn vintage-inspired Chanel Couture to the Vanity Fair Oscar party, a standout graphic Mary Katrantzou print and an elaborate floral and paillette-embroidered Gucci dress that cemented her as a red-carpet darling.
LABELS SHE LOVES
“I love all of Chanel,” says Lovell. "Even the pieces that aren’t wearable on a red carpet are an inspiration." She’s also a fan of Roksanda Ilincic, 2012’s Red Carpet Award winner at the British Fashion Awards. “Roksanda makes women look so effortless and cool yet sexy, which isn’t easy, but she nails it.”
Lovell’s longtime client Byrne had a gown fitting, selected a winner and had it tailored in her hotel room -- while she was in hair and makeup -- less than three hours before she stepped onto the red carpet at this year’s SAG Awards. “Rose flew in the morning of the show, right off of a three-week press tour,” says Lovell, who dressed the I Give It a Year actress in a ruffled floral Valentino gown with Van Cleef & Arpels diamonds and a satin Jimmy Choo clutch. “We had jewelry, shoes and clutch options for three different dresses.”
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project