The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
The Grammy-winning singer and producer is a world-class collector of contemporary art.
His Miami residence houses the chaotic works of Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Kaws and Takashi Murakami, whom Williams reveres as "the king of kings." The two met through Emmanuel Perrotin, the hip Paris dealer, who drafted Williams not only for the DJ tables of his legendary Art Basel boat parties, but also for his skills as a furniture designer (his tip-toeing and tank-tread chairs kept clients coming back to Perrotin's booth at 2009's Design Miami).
Williams collaborated with Murakami on The Simple Things, a post-Warhol commentary on consumerism that sold for $2 million and included a diamond-encrusted cupcake, condom, Heinz ketchup bottle and other ephemera placed inside the jaws of a grinning Murakami monster. "When there's a slight twist on things that we know to be normal," Williams has said, "they really stand out."
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!