The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
The Grammy-winning singer and producer is a world-class collector of contemporary art.
His Miami residence houses the chaotic works of Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst, Kaws and Takashi Murakami, whom Williams reveres as "the king of kings." The two met through Emmanuel Perrotin, the hip Paris dealer, who drafted Williams not only for the DJ tables of his legendary Art Basel boat parties, but also for his skills as a furniture designer (his tip-toeing and tank-tread chairs kept clients coming back to Perrotin's booth at 2009's Design Miami).
Williams collaborated with Murakami on The Simple Things, a post-Warhol commentary on consumerism that sold for $2 million and included a diamond-encrusted cupcake, condom, Heinz ketchup bottle and other ephemera placed inside the jaws of a grinning Murakami monster. "When there's a slight twist on things that we know to be normal," Williams has said, "they really stand out."
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized