Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
With its unique ability to blend Hollywood's old and new guard, this Beverly Hills Hotel eatery remains a unique mecca that caters equally to celebrities and executives, from Jeffrey Katzenberg and Mark Wahlberg to Mary J. Blige, Brett Ratner and Stacey Snider.
They're drawn to the restaurant's most popular dishes -- the McCarthy salad, above all -- though insiders also request off-the-menu items such as pancakes and waffles. Booths Nos. 1 and 2 remain the most coveted (Charlie Chaplin kept a daily reservation at No. 1, which remained empty whenever he didn't show), and you'll frequently spot former Paramount Pictures chairman Sherry Lansing sitting in a quiet corner. "The booths are so private, you can actually hear each other talk, and they're always full of interesting people," she notes.
Not least among them in the 72 years since the restaurant opened: Marlene Dietrich was a regular and refused to wear the obligatory skirt, leading management to change the "no slacks" rule. The Lounge is going through a subtle revamp to be unveiled in March, but its appeal to tradition remains unchanged.
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!