The Hollywood Reporter Names the 50 Power Showrunners of 2013
These animation kings create content that regularly outperforms (and out-cools) most live-action series. They court a coveted and elusive male demo and in some cases make big money in syndication. On Fox, Oscar host and blossoming film director MacFarlane, 39, and his team continue to push boundaries (mostly of decency) with two sturdy ratings performers in Dad and Guy, which help to anchor the network’s giant Sunday night “Animation Domination” block, which includes The Simpsons and Bob’s Burgers.
Jean, 52, recently saw The Simpsons earn a record 26th-season renewal and emerge with the best Sunday premiere of the season on Sept. 29 (the same night as Breaking Bad’s monster finale). And Bouchard, 43, and Dauterive, 56, recently cooked up a fifth-season renewal for Burgers, which was a top 10 comedy among the coveted demos of males 18-to-49 and 18-to-34.
On FX, the Archer team — Reed, 43, and Thompson, 44 — saw its fourth-season premiere attract 2.5 million viewers, making it FX’s top-performing comedy. And led by Senreich and Green, both 39, Chicken is a 10-time Emmy nominee, three-time winner and cornerstone of their network’s geek cachet.
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration