Power Lawyers 2012
The rare Hollywood litigator who has argued before the U.S. Supreme Court (twice!), Kendall in October won a big defense verdict for longtime client Paramount against a financier of best picture Oscar winner No Country for Old Men that claimed it was cheated out of profits that instead went to star Tommy Lee Jones. He’s also repping the studio in a closely watched case filed by the financial backer of the Melrose slate of films, including Transformers, and he’s going toe-to-toe with the estate of author Mario Puzo over the future of Paramount’s Godfather franchise. In May, the former Irell & Manella partner (he left in 2009 to start his current firm) settled on the eve of trial a $1 billion claim against client Electronic Arts by Activision and Call of Duty video game creators Jason West and Vince Zampella.
➻ Worst thing ever said to me: “One Christmas Eve, a disap- pointed bankruptcy counsel said, after I rejected his demand: ‘Someday you will come to me hat in hand, and I will piss in your hat.’ My hat is still dry.”
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images