Power Lawyers 2011
After putting the final touches on Disney's sale of its Miramax unit, Darwell then engineered the $70 million sale of The Real World producer Bunim/Murray Productions to his French client Bainjay. Darwell then focused his attention on Sundance, where client Liddell Entertainment was especially active, selling the Tobey Maguire drama The Details to the Weinstein Co. for $7 million and picking up the horror pic Silent House for about $3 million. "We've seen a nice pickup on the motion picture side," says Darwell, optimistic that the indie film business has finally improved.
OFF-DUTY The globetrotting Darwell so enjoyed working from Paris last summer that he's headed to Rome for a month after September's Toronto International Film Festival.
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan