Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Yes, his dad is Academy president Hawk Koch, his grandfather was producer Howard W. Koch, and his stepfather is Hollywood superlawyer Ken Ziffren. But peers agree that the Beverly Hills native and Northwestern grad, 33, has succeeded at the A-list talent law firm [he landed at Morris Yorn right out of Loyola Law] on his own merits. He has signed such hot clients as Zoe Kazan and Compliance director Craig Zobel, and he's the primary servicer for Jonah Hill, Kristen Wiig and Nicole Kidman.
BEST ADVICE: My grandfather told me, "This business is all about relationships, so no matter if it's the security guard or a studio head, treat everyone with respect and kindness."
10 YEARS FROM NOW: Doing the same thing I'm doing now, but in a dog-friendly building with a better food court.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: Helping make the deal for one of my best friends, Jordan Okun, to sell his first novel, L.A. Fadeaway.
CAN'T-MISS TV: The Wire and Game of Thrones.
ONLINE OBSESSION: Rotoworld. I have a small obsession with fantasy sports.
LUNCH SPOT: It's a tie between The Apple Pan (the best burger in L.A.) and Nate 'n Al (I recommend the Westwood).
BEST DAY: When I was named partner.
I GO TO BED AT: 11:30 p.m.
THE LAST THING I DO: Kiss my wife [Annie Meyers-Shyer, daughter of Nancy Meyers and Charles Shyer] and watch The Daily Show.
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup