Power Lawyers 2011
One of New York's most prominent media M&A lawyers, Schumer was center stage this year in the $3.3 billion sale of Warner Music Group, and he repped Al Gore's Current TV in signing former MSNBC star Keith Olbermann to a five-year contract. "He's one of the most savvy dealmakers out there," says WME CFO Jason Lublin, who worked with Schumer during the WMA-Endeavor merger. Beginning in 1989 when he represented Warner Communications in its megamerger with Time Inc., Schumer has worked on NBC's $2.7 billion purchase of Telemundo in 2002 and CBS Corp.'s $2.5 billion buyout of King World Productions. "I would not do a major transaction without him," says Time Warner Cable CFO Rob Marcus. "He is an outstanding business and strategic adviser."
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet