Power Lawyers 2011
One of New York's most prominent media M&A lawyers, Schumer was center stage this year in the $3.3 billion sale of Warner Music Group, and he repped Al Gore's Current TV in signing former MSNBC star Keith Olbermann to a five-year contract. "He's one of the most savvy dealmakers out there," says WME CFO Jason Lublin, who worked with Schumer during the WMA-Endeavor merger. Beginning in 1989 when he represented Warner Communications in its megamerger with Time Inc., Schumer has worked on NBC's $2.7 billion purchase of Telemundo in 2002 and CBS Corp.'s $2.5 billion buyout of King World Productions. "I would not do a major transaction without him," says Time Warner Cable CFO Rob Marcus. "He is an outstanding business and strategic adviser."
- 13 New Photos From Game of Thrones Season 5
- An Open Letter to the Jerk at This Week’s Savages Show
- Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts to Explore the Beauty and Majesty of the American Wilderness for HBO’s Lewis and Clark
- Game of Thrones Season 5’s First Trailer Promises a Lot of Changes From the Book
- Elizabeth Olsen Supports Fight Against AIDS with Dita Von Teese & Conchita Wurst at Sidaction Gala Dinner 2015
- Zachary Quinto Supports Taylor Schilling & Peter Dinklage at 'A Month In the Country' Opening Night Party!
- Shirtless Eddie Redmayne Shows Off Impressive Six-Pack Abs in Sexy 'Jupiter Ascending' Still
- Amy Poehler Gets Epic Homecoming As Hasty Pudding's Woman of the Year 2015!