THR's 35 Hottest Young Latinos in Entertainment
The 33-year-old Afro-Cuban, Irish and Native American Dawson, raised on New York’s Lower East Side, made her film debut in 1995 with the gritty Gus Van Sant-produced Kids. Since then, she has played Mimi Marquez, an HIV-infected exotic dancer, in 2005’s Rent; Gail, a dominatrix, in 2005’s Sin City; and Will Smith’s terminally ill love interest in 2008’s Seven Pounds, which earned more than $168 million. She recently beat Scarlett Johansson and Zoe Saldana for the role of Elizabeth in Danny Boyle’s 2013 thriller Trance, in which she’ll play opposite James McAvoy and Vincent Cassel.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!