Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
When he was 14, Bartlett moved by himself from his hometown of Basildon, England, to Mesa, Ariz., to pursue professional tennis. "That obviously didn't work out," he says with a laugh. Although he still manages to squeeze in the occasional tennis match, Bartlett mostly enjoys volleying of a different kind these days. At Paradigm, he's carved out a niche for the youth market, negotiating seven-figure salaries for Twilight actors Jackson Rathbone, Peter Facinelli and Nikki Reed and placing ABC Family teen star Shailene Woodley in the high-profile drama The Descendants opposite George Clooney. It's a huge boost for the former USC film student who, at 28, switched careers after working in acquisitions at Fox 2000, among others. He landed as an assistant in Paradigm's lit department, where late-hour chats with talent co-head Steve Small got him thinking. "He said: 'What are you doing in lit? You've got talent agent written all over you.' "
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- 'Entourage' Cast & Creator Doug Ellin Are Not Worried About Critics: 'We Were A Very Critically Acclaimed Show'
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss