Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
This twentysomething New Yorker avoids the spotlight like the plague (he declined comment for this feature). Perhaps it’s because he likes his clients to shine — which they do: Hastings has turned Mara into fashion’s “It” girl of the moment, in elegantly severe black or white Givenchy, Prabal Gurung and Nina Ricci with punky cutouts that make her a standout among the often saccharine hues and prom dresses of awards season.
“I have a hand in choosing the clothes,” says Mara. “I’m not the woman who’s a doll — I want to represent who I really am.”
Hastings plays up Wasikowska’s modern-day ingenue vibe with Miu Miu and Rodarte, taking her from being a relative unknown to having a recognizable fashion identity.
His background in magazine editorial, from GQ to Vanity Fair, and styling ads for Marc by Marc Jacobs makes him a respected favorite among designers and, regardless of his media phobia, something of an “It” boy himself.
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp Recap: The Public-Urination Case of a Lifetime
- Miss Piggy and Kermit Have Also Called It Quits; the Summer of Breakups Extends to Animals
- Stonewall Trailer: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Fights for Gay Rights in Roland Emmerich’s Passion Project
- Another One Down: Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards End Their Engagement
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals the Qualities She Looks For in a Boyfriend
- Ellen Page Steps Out With Rumored Girlfriend Samantha Thomas
- Miles Teller Got to Skip the Customs Line at the Airport Because of 'Fantastic Four' Role (Video)
- Meryl Streep Got A Guitar Lesson from Neil Young for 'Ricki & The Flash'!