Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
This twentysomething New Yorker avoids the spotlight like the plague (he declined comment for this feature). Perhaps it’s because he likes his clients to shine — which they do: Hastings has turned Mara into fashion’s “It” girl of the moment, in elegantly severe black or white Givenchy, Prabal Gurung and Nina Ricci with punky cutouts that make her a standout among the often saccharine hues and prom dresses of awards season.
“I have a hand in choosing the clothes,” says Mara. “I’m not the woman who’s a doll — I want to represent who I really am.”
Hastings plays up Wasikowska’s modern-day ingenue vibe with Miu Miu and Rodarte, taking her from being a relative unknown to having a recognizable fashion identity.
His background in magazine editorial, from GQ to Vanity Fair, and styling ads for Marc by Marc Jacobs makes him a respected favorite among designers and, regardless of his media phobia, something of an “It” boy himself.
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)