THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY HE MATTERS
The New York-based Hastings has a look that’s all his own -- goth yet glamorous -- and never shies from putting clients in cutting-edge fashions that feel like a breath of fresh air instead of yet another seen-it-before strapless gown.
Rooney Mara, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson
HIS NEW GET
Much like his notoriously shy clients, Hastings avoids the limelight (he declined comment for this feature), and maybe that’s why his cool factor is through the roof. But we hear that he just landed Hollywood’s most celebrated gamine actress, Carey Mulligan, who’s gearing up to tour for The Great Gatsby.
HIS TOP LOOK
Side Effects actress Mara, who sticks with a mostly black-and-white palette, had a real "wow" moment at the film’s New York premiere, where she donned an ivory Alexander McQueen cape dress with elaborate velvet detailing.
BEYOND THE RED CARPET
Hastings recently signed on as a contributing stylist at Vanity Fair.
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee’s Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love’ Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- AMC Is Planning a Stand-alone Episode of Zombies on a Plane
- Dylan Penn Shares Tea Time with DJs Sama & Haya at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Presented by Ever After High
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I Had a Sheltered Upbringing
- Jaden Smith Makes It a Boys' Night Out at Just Jared's Wonderland Party
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'