Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
UCLA School of Law
Why he matters: He might ride a motorcycle to work, but it is his button-down knowledge of the tax code (which he shares in a semiregular column for The Hollywood Reporter) that has brought him such clients as Exclusive Media, Hyde Park and Hemisphere Capital Management. He advised Hemisphere on the creation of a $500 million film fund to back Sony's The Smurfs movie and its 2013 sequel. He is advising the partners who sold Summit Entertainment and is working on their behalf with Lionsgate to reach an agreement on the tax treatment.
Big deal: Moore advises Russian financier-producer Alexander Rodnyansky on backing such movies as Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and Machete Kills, part of his international practice. "The Chinese are here just to take our ideas and figure out how to do it on their own," says Moore. "The Russians are here to become part of Hollywood."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!