Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
UCLA School of Law
Why he matters: He might ride a motorcycle to work, but it is his button-down knowledge of the tax code (which he shares in a semiregular column for The Hollywood Reporter) that has brought him such clients as Exclusive Media, Hyde Park and Hemisphere Capital Management. He advised Hemisphere on the creation of a $500 million film fund to back Sony's The Smurfs movie and its 2013 sequel. He is advising the partners who sold Summit Entertainment and is working on their behalf with Lionsgate to reach an agreement on the tax treatment.
Big deal: Moore advises Russian financier-producer Alexander Rodnyansky on backing such movies as Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and Machete Kills, part of his international practice. "The Chinese are here just to take our ideas and figure out how to do it on their own," says Moore. "The Russians are here to become part of Hollywood."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- R&B Star Estelle on Industry Pressure: 'I'm No More Grace Jones Than I Am Norah Jones'
- 60-Year-Old Given Chance To Live Out His Dreams Completely Owns The Stage
- No Cameras Allowed: How Sneaking Into Coachella Led to Career as One of the Most Desired Photographers in Music
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Rips Off His Shirt In Europe's Strongest Man Competition
- Zoe Saldana Can't Do the Ice Bucket Challenge Because of Her Pregnancy, So Hubby Marco Perego Steps In (Video)
- Dita Von Teese on Body Insecurities: I Replace Negative Thoughts & Never Point Out 'Flaws'
- Diane Kruger's Hot Pink Sneakers Capture Our Attention!
- Alexander Ludwig 'Stands Tall' for JJ Spotlight! (Behind the Scenes Photos)