Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
Whether it's acquiring such films as Machete and Rescue Dawn for Sony Pictures' international distribution or overseeing the productions of Cadillac Records, Stomp the Yard and Boondock Saints 2,Shooman thinks big. There's a reason the picture in his office of him with the Stanley Cup doesn't show him touching hockey's biggest prize. "Superstition says you'll never win it if you touch it," the Boston native says. "I like to keep that option open." Up next: the horror film Insidious, directed by James Wan, for which Shooman secured national distribution rights. The executive rarely has time for his beloved hockey these days as his few off-hours find him hitting books. He's taking a break from teach film acquisitions as a remote adjunct professor at Carnegie Mellon University to work on an MBA at his alma mater, USC.
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet