The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
Combs made headlines when he steered his entourage into the Gagosian Gallery booth at Miami Beach Art Basel 2011.
At the time, he explained he was "just there to learn," only this art student was accompanied by top-notch teachers: painter-filmmaker Julian Schnabel and art adviser to the stars (well, at least Gwyneth Paltrow) Maria Brito. Combs scored a Tracey Emin neon for $95,000 at Lehmann Maupin, returning the following December to snag a mirrored sculpture by Ivan Navarro from Paul Kasmin Gallery for a reported $65,000, two gold flag paintings by Bay Area artist Andrew Schoultz and a $15,000 work by South African Brett Murray.
Combs clearly is a collector who buys with a wall in mind: In August, he put up for sale his Beverly Hills residence with its art collection attached.
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes