The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
Combs made headlines when he steered his entourage into the Gagosian Gallery booth at Miami Beach Art Basel 2011.
At the time, he explained he was "just there to learn," only this art student was accompanied by top-notch teachers: painter-filmmaker Julian Schnabel and art adviser to the stars (well, at least Gwyneth Paltrow) Maria Brito. Combs scored a Tracey Emin neon for $95,000 at Lehmann Maupin, returning the following December to snag a mirrored sculpture by Ivan Navarro from Paul Kasmin Gallery for a reported $65,000, two gold flag paintings by Bay Area artist Andrew Schoultz and a $15,000 work by South African Brett Murray.
Combs clearly is a collector who buys with a wall in mind: In August, he put up for sale his Beverly Hills residence with its art collection attached.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!
- Hercules' Irina Shayk Leaves Craig Ferguson Speechless - Watch Now
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million