The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
Combs made headlines when he steered his entourage into the Gagosian Gallery booth at Miami Beach Art Basel 2011.
At the time, he explained he was "just there to learn," only this art student was accompanied by top-notch teachers: painter-filmmaker Julian Schnabel and art adviser to the stars (well, at least Gwyneth Paltrow) Maria Brito. Combs scored a Tracey Emin neon for $95,000 at Lehmann Maupin, returning the following December to snag a mirrored sculpture by Ivan Navarro from Paul Kasmin Gallery for a reported $65,000, two gold flag paintings by Bay Area artist Andrew Schoultz and a $15,000 work by South African Brett Murray.
Combs clearly is a collector who buys with a wall in mind: In August, he put up for sale his Beverly Hills residence with its art collection attached.
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!