Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Georgetown University Law Center
Why he matters: With more and more stage musicals adapted from movies, Gelblum has been able to bridge the gap between Hollywood and the slow-yield business of Broadway. A fixture at opening nights, he this year negotiated music rights for EMI Publishing on Motown: The Musical and set up Sony’s unique firstlook deal with Scott Sanders Theatrical Productions to develop stage versions of studio hits.
Big deal: Gelblum helped settle director client Julie Taymor’s litigation with producers of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. “Julie’s an important artist, and this was really a terrible disruption in her career.”
- To Hell With Bill Cosby? Disney Already Did That With The Devil and Max Devlin
- With INFINITY, Raquel Pomplun and L. Philippe Casseus Team Up to Launch an Epic New Series
- The Film 'Heartland' Tells the Story of Coming of Age and Coming Out in Oklahoma
- Glenn Beck: AP 'Raped' Bill Cosby By Releasing Interview Segment Addressing Rape Allegations
- Ricky Martin Celebrates His New Wax Figure at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas!
- Evan Rachel Wood & Darren Criss Spoof Tom Hanks' 'Big' & It's Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Pippa Middleton Took Advanced Wine Course & Passed!
- Ansel Elgort & Shailene Woodley Re-Created 'The Fault In Our Stars' Bench Scene at Dedication Ceremony