THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
With hundreds of documentary films under her belt at HBO, Nevins, 73, is considered one of the most influential people in documentary film -- ever. Her productions have been recognized with 47 Emmy Awards and 21 Academy Awards. Some of the films gaining attention this year include Matthew Akers’ Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present, Liz Garbus’ Love Marilyn, Alex Gibney’s Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God and Rory Kennedy’s Ethel.
Who gave me my first big break: Myself. I didn’t get breaks. I just plowed through.
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: Come back the next day.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Screen other people’s documentaries. I don’t garden. I just want to make that clear.
My indulgence: Getting my hair blown dry more often than I should.
Can’t get through my workday without: Feeling grateful. I’m happy to be in a place I want to be and doing what I want to do.
What I’d tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: “Don’t take crap.”
Top three shows on my DVR: Homeland, Boardwalk Empire and Downton Abbey.
Worst advice I’ve ever gotten: “Dress like a man at work so they’ll accept you.”
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'