THR's Power Business Managers 2013
The Atlanta-based business manager specializes in such R&B artists as Justin Bieber and Chris Brown.
Dealing in a genre that coined the word "bling" means that Smallwood has had to be unafraid of putting his foot down. His methods have included making his high-earning clients fill out fast-food job applications ("to remind them that they could end up needing one if they aren't careful," he told Forbes in 2005).
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010