Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
It looks like a jumped-up New England crab shack, but make no mistake: Son of a Gun knows how to lure the Angeleno.
Owner-chefs Jon Shook (recently engaged to Chicago Fire’s Shiri Appleby) and Vinny Dotolo spent years running one of L.A.’s premier catering companies, which paved the way for their own Food Network show, 2 Dudes Catering, before they opened their first restaurant, Animal.
Son of a Gun, reminiscent of their L.A.-beach community roots, bowed in 2011 and, after celebrity chefs Thomas Keller and Anthony Bourdain made appearances, quickly landed on Hollywood’s radar. “Where the chefs eat, the entertainment industry follows,” says Daniel Warrilow, who manages the restaurant with Dan Scott.
Fish and chips and a lobster BLT are popular lunch items, but the signature might be the fried chicken sandwich, which took Shook and Dotolo eight tries to achieve the right combo of brioche bun, chicken breading and slaw. Fans include WME’s Dan Aloni, who calls the cuisine “original,” and producer David Hoberman, who adds: “Who in L.A. serves unbelievable lobster rolls and fried chicken with homemade coleslaw? And it’s really varied: You can eat healthy; you can eat rich.”
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet