Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Since launching in May, the female-friendly-content site co-founded by the L.A. native (with Zooey Deschanel and Two Broke Girls writer Molly McAleer) has cultivated a fiercely loyal industry following. The site averages more than 10 million visitors (and 1.8 million uniques) a month, according to Google Analytics.
BIG BREAK: Being a talent producer for MTV’s The Hills. It was sort of like my college experience since I didn’t go.
10 YEARS AGO: I was a music video director for Dave Meyers. At night, I did bottle service for Bolthouse clubs with my friend Katherine Powers, who now runs the website Who What Wear? We probably made more money then than we do now.
MOVIE FIX: You’ve Got Mail. Mindy Kaling and I developed our friendship based on the fact that we love that movie.
ONLINE OBSESSION: Facebook, Twitter, Who What Wear? and Astrology Zone.
LUNCH SPOT: I’m a control freak so I go to Whole Foods because I can build my own lunch.
BEST DAY: When I got to meet Judy Blume. I was able to bring one of our contributors, Maude Apatow. Her stories are timeless; Maude’s mom [Leslie Mann] loves her, too.
WORST DAY: Early on, our server crashed. Our programmer said, “You’re going to need more memory,” and I was like, “What is a server? What are you talking about?” I still don’t know what that means.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!