Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Bruno, 33, has stood the test of time with Harvey and Bob Weinstein, spending most of his career with the pair (first at Miramax then at TWC, save for a yearlong stint at HBO). The Philadelphia native has overseen the highly successful marketing campaigns for 2012 Oscar winner The Artist, The Iron Lady, Lawless, The Master and The Intouchables, among others.
BIG BREAK: I was an assistant at Rubenstein Associates after graduating from Boston University and was at a fund-raising event and met a woman who recommended me for a job at Miramax. I interviewed to be Harvey's assistant but ended up [former Miramax COO] Rick Sands' assistant. I eventually became Harvey's for two years.
BEST ADVICE: Whatever you do, work as hard as you possibly can, but always remain ethical.
CAREER INSPIRATION: I have always been a film fan, and the Miramax brand always stood out. What Harvey does best is to make a movie a cultural event. That's what we focused on, making the movie an event.
CAN'T-MISS TV: 30 Rock. Not only is it funny for the general audience, it has a lot of industry jokes and winks.
MOVIE FIX: Thomas the Tank Engine: Misty Island Rescue. My 3-year-old son has probably watched it five dozen times. I have too, especially after Hurricane Sandy. We live in Battery Park and had nothing to do.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: Spending time with my family: my son, Rex; my 3-month-old daughter, Lila; and my wife [whom he met while at Miramax], Melissa Bruno.
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014