Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Columbia Law School
Why he matters: Since his first trip to China in 2005, Saltzman has expanded his international practice rapidly to keep up with developments in Asia. Scharf represented Huayi Brothers when they cast Tim Robbins and Adrien Brody in Feng Xiaogang's Back to 1942 and Celestial Pictures (Hong Kong) and parent company Astro Overseas in a joint TV venture with Lionsgate and Saban Capital. He also handles deals for CJ Entertainment (Korea), Bavaria Media (Germany) and Kaminski-Stiehm on co-financing movies and Black Bear Pictures (Teddy Schwarzman's company) in a deal with New Regency to co-finance movies, among others.
Big deal: He represented Beijing Galloping Horse Co., a diversified Chinese producer, distributor and exhibitor, in its acquisition of the assets of Digital Domain Productions, a U.S. effects and post production company. "I represent talent, filmmakers and companies," says Saltzman. "That gives me a more well-rounded perspective because I know what they are looking for on the other side of the table."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Greg Scarnici Recreates Iconic Madonna 'Sex' Book As 'Sex In Drag'
- 'Na Maloom Afraad': Revival of Pakistani Cinema in Progress
- Sister Cristina Scuccia, The Singing Nun, Releases 'Like A Virgin' Cover (Without The Naughty Bits)
- Maitland Ward's Sheer Dress Is The Sheerest of All Sheer Dresses And NSFW
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes the Washington Redskins Wouldn't Change Their Name
- Jennifer Lawrence Introduces Honoree Elizabeth Banks at Elle Women in Hollywood (Video)
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Makes First Offical Appearance Since Suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum - See The Pics Here!