Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Stanford Law School
Why he matters: Scharf helped Peter Schlessel, Graham King and Tim Headington create FilmDistrict, which distributed films including Looper, the latest Evil Dead and Olympus Has Fallen ($132 million worldwide).
Big deal: Increasingly, his work is international. He helped client StudioCanal set up a large multi-picture pact with Anton Capital Entertainment and Legendary Entertainment to create Legendary East, which has raised about $441 million. His clients are spread throughout China, South Korea, India, Indonesia and elsewhere. "A lot of my work is with Western companies who want to do business in Asia," says Scharf, "and a lot of Asian companies who want to expand outside their geographic area."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Before 'Game Of Thrones,' Pedro Pascal Was Getting His Ass Kicked On 'Buffy'
- Drew Barrymore Adds Fragrances To Flower Beauty Collection Making Us All Smell Better
- Guy Covers Every Single Part Of 'Prince Ali' From 'Aladdin'
- The Dumbest But Also Greatest Lyrics From Destiny's Child's 'Writings On The Wall'
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- Why Are Movies the Only Kind of Entertainment We Still Have to Wait Around For?
- 7 Times Vin Diesel Gave a Wooden Performance (Before He Played a Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chris Messina Is a Huge Cheater in This New Sam Smith Video
- Cate Blanchett Desperately Wanted to Play a Dwarf & Wear a Beard
- Katy Perry Sang for the President & First Lady Last Night at the White House!
- Kerry Washington & Jimmy Kimmel Bond Over Their Newborn Baby Girls!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Opens Huge, Scores Biggest Thursday Evening Opening of the Year!