Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Columbia Law School
Why he matters: Tsoneff has helped craft major financing deals for Paramount, Universal and Fox Searchlight. He recently represented Fox in its co-financing pact with DreamWorks for Lincoln and also handled Fox's video distribution and financing deal with Relativity.
Big deal: Tsoneff helped put together a reported $400 million slate deal for Fox, which partnered with financier Chip Seelig to back Avatar 2 and other films. The team raced to close the deal before year's end (signature papers were handed over Dec. 31, 2012, just in time for Tsoneff to make his New Year's Eve dinner). "It was the first significant slate deal in a number of years," he says, "and it was challenging for everyone to figure out what these deals would look like in 2013 as opposed to before the downturn. They got to see how the previous deals worked out."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- 'Entourage' Cast & Creator Doug Ellin Are Not Worried About Critics: 'We Were A Very Critically Acclaimed Show'
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss