Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Columbia Law School
Why he matters: Tsoneff has helped craft major financing deals for Paramount, Universal and Fox Searchlight. He recently represented Fox in its co-financing pact with DreamWorks for Lincoln and also handled Fox's video distribution and financing deal with Relativity.
Big deal: Tsoneff helped put together a reported $400 million slate deal for Fox, which partnered with financier Chip Seelig to back Avatar 2 and other films. The team raced to close the deal before year's end (signature papers were handed over Dec. 31, 2012, just in time for Tsoneff to make his New Year's Eve dinner). "It was the first significant slate deal in a number of years," he says, "and it was challenging for everyone to figure out what these deals would look like in 2013 as opposed to before the downturn. They got to see how the previous deals worked out."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!