Next Gen 2011: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Agenting runs thick in Gersh's blood -- his grandfather Phil started the Gersh Agency in 1949, and his father, David, and uncle Bob are now in charge. And though Steve, 28, initially had his sights set on a journalism career, the siren call of the family business proved too hard to resist. After graduating from Duke, a college he chose to broaden his horizons away from Hollywood, he was an assistant at the agency for several years before becoming an agent. Now he works on Kristen Stewart's team and has a stable of young up-and-comers, mostly in the under-25 range, including Max Thieriot (Disconnect), Nico Tortorella (Odd Thomas), Josh Bowman (ABC's Revenge) and Bridgit Mendler (Disney Channel's Good Luck Charlie). "Every career decision is important when you're that young," says Gersh of steering his charges. "If you send them on a wrong path, they're not going to get to where they or you want them to get to." In his downtime, the newly married Gersh plays softball with his high school buddies. But boxing is one of his true passions. "I try to take a calm approach in the office, so it's a good outlet," he says.
- Free Yourselves From the Shackles of Spoilers! Life Is Too Short.
- I Want Rom-Com TV to Flourish, But ABC’s Manhattan Love Story Is Not Helping at All
- Watch the Trailer for Taken 3, Which Is Actually Called Tak3n
- The Creators of Family Guy Must Have a Major Inferiority Complex When It Comes to The Simpsons
- Tracy Morgan Responds to Walmart: I Can't Believe They Are Blaming Me For the Accident
- Justin Bieber Grabs Dinner with Kendall Jenner in Paris
- Aretha Franklin Sings 'Rolling in the Deep' Live & Totally Kills It - Watch Now!
- Channing Tatum & His Huge Muscles Continue Filming 'Magic Mike XXL' - See the New Photos!