The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
"It's my greatest hobby," Martin has said of art collecting, and his large, diverse holdings reflect that: Pablo Picasso, Edward Hopper, Roy Lichtenstein, April Gornik, Cindy Sherman, Georges Seurat, Francis Bacon, David Hockney and several works by the artist he reveres most, Eric Fischl.
The collection with a focus on postwar American art debuted at the Bellagio in Vegas in 2001 under the heading, "The Private Collection of Steve Martin," no doubt providing much fodder for the actor's novel about paintings, 2010's An Object of Beauty.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!
- Hercules' Irina Shayk Leaves Craig Ferguson Speechless - Watch Now
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million