The Hollywood Reporter Names the 50 Power Showrunners of 2013
Inheriting a 50-year-old television series is no easy task, but Moffat’s short tenure at the helm of the British cult hit has seen him increase the time-traveling drama’s global footprint considerably — not to mention making it the top show on stateside carrier BBC America. Its Christmas special, with 1.43 million viewers, also was a record breaker for BBC America. This year, Moffat, 51, who also is a busy screenwriter, takes the lead on the golden anniversary festivities, including a rare episodic simulcast in the U.S. and the U.K. (while juggling writing duties on Sherlock) and planning a high-profile change of the guard when Peter Capaldi takes the titular role from outgoing star Matt Smith.
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration