The Hollywood Reporter's 20 Most Influential Chefs in Hollywood
Local treasure Goin interned at Ma Maison in 1984 while still a senior at L.A.'s Marlborough prep. Her apprentice years took her to Chez Panisse, among other places, before she opened Lucques (8474 Melrose Ave.) with business partner Caroline Styne in 1998.
Her assured vision became the touchstone for rustic-refined Mediterranean and begat A.O.C. (8700 W. Third St.), helping spur the small-plates menus that dominate today. "I've had a certain idea of California dining," says Goin, who added Brentwood's Tavern (11648 San Vicente Blvd.) in 2009. "It's not traditionally fancy, but it's also not un-special."
Every year, Goin also finds time to co-chair the child-cancer benefit L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade, which Naegle supports.
Favorite dish of Naegle: Polenta with mushrooms and mascarpone at A.O.C.
Where else Goin eats: Canele, for the grilled whole fish.
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!