The Hollywood Reporter's 20 Most Influential Chefs in Hollywood
Local treasure Goin interned at Ma Maison in 1984 while still a senior at L.A.'s Marlborough prep. Her apprentice years took her to Chez Panisse, among other places, before she opened Lucques (8474 Melrose Ave.) with business partner Caroline Styne in 1998.
Her assured vision became the touchstone for rustic-refined Mediterranean and begat A.O.C. (8700 W. Third St.), helping spur the small-plates menus that dominate today. "I've had a certain idea of California dining," says Goin, who added Brentwood's Tavern (11648 San Vicente Blvd.) in 2009. "It's not traditionally fancy, but it's also not un-special."
Every year, Goin also finds time to co-chair the child-cancer benefit L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade, which Naegle supports.
Favorite dish of Naegle: Polenta with mushrooms and mascarpone at A.O.C.
Where else Goin eats: Canele, for the grilled whole fish.
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!