The Hollywood Reporter's 20 Most Influential Chefs in Hollywood
In L.A., where vegan restaurants abound, there's been a dearth of high-end spots. Enter 2-month-old Crossroads (8284 Melrose Ave.), backed by Moby and Steve Bing.
Chef Ronnen -- who catered Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's wedding -- sends out to a packed room his inspired version of oysters on the half shell (crispy oyster mushrooms atop artichoke leaves, with kelp caviar and a yellow tomato bearnaise) and his kale-based take on spanakopita, accompanied by a harissa-spiced smoked tomato fondue.
"It's an all-plant-based restaurant without being in your face," Ronnen says. "It's my idea of Mediterranean." Fan Ginnifer Goodwin adds: "There's no reason to preface that it's vegan -- it's just an insanely cool restaurant."
Favorite dishes of Goodwin: Kale salad with pine nuts, spiced chickpeas with oven-dried tomatoes and "I can't not order the tortelloni." Another fan is Bones' Emily Deschanel, who loves the artichoke oysters and the hearts of palm "crab cakes."
Where else Ronnen eats: Golden Road, for the cauliflower buffalo wings.
- True Detective Recap: Sad and Lonely People
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Victoria & David Beckham Head Back to LA After Guy Ritchie's Wedding
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today