THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Press was one of the most sought-after marketing consultants in the film business before Leslie Moonves named her co-president of CBS Films in April. The 52-year-old worked on the campaign for Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games, which grossed $687 million worldwide, and is consulting on Lincoln, a gig that reteams her with Steven Spielberg (Press once ran marketing at DreamWorks). She also consulted for CBS Films before getting the gig and was instrumental in the acquisition of The Woman in Black, which became a modest hit with $54 million in domestic ticket sales.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: I never wanted to work in the business. I wanted to be a film critic. But since I could actually write, I got hired at Disney as a staff writer. When you can put together a coherent sentence, you can be employed!
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: See my husband and my 13-year-old twins.
My indulgence: Going to Target.
Proudest moment this year: When my children brought their grades up. A distant second was the opening of The Woman in Black.
Totally starstruck around: Sidney Poitier.
Best advice I’ve gotten: “Stay on David Geffen’s good side.”
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!