THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Press was one of the most sought-after marketing consultants in the film business before Leslie Moonves named her co-president of CBS Films in April. The 52-year-old worked on the campaign for Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games, which grossed $687 million worldwide, and is consulting on Lincoln, a gig that reteams her with Steven Spielberg (Press once ran marketing at DreamWorks). She also consulted for CBS Films before getting the gig and was instrumental in the acquisition of The Woman in Black, which became a modest hit with $54 million in domestic ticket sales.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: I never wanted to work in the business. I wanted to be a film critic. But since I could actually write, I got hired at Disney as a staff writer. When you can put together a coherent sentence, you can be employed!
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: See my husband and my 13-year-old twins.
My indulgence: Going to Target.
Proudest moment this year: When my children brought their grades up. A distant second was the opening of The Woman in Black.
Totally starstruck around: Sidney Poitier.
Best advice I’ve gotten: “Stay on David Geffen’s good side.”
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'