Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
The L.A.-born Kang, 33, has been involved in the small-screen moves of Steven Zaillian, Seth Gordon and Guillermo del Toro. With a reputation for being shrewd and savvy, the UCLA grad also helped sell Matthew Parkhill's Rogue spec to DirecTV, got pilots ordered at MTV and Syfy and counts Happy Endings' David Caspe and Awkward's Lauren Iungerich as clients.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: WME's Ari Greenburg, Paul Haas and Ari Emanuel.
BIG BREAK: When I met Seth Gordon while I was an assistant at Endeavor [before his film The King of Kong] at a festival and made him my first client. This year, he directed his third feature.
BEST ADVICE: "No" is just the start of the negotiation.
CAREER INSPIRATION: My father. He owned a chain of video stores that he started, where I worked weekends and summers. [Kang started her career at the USA network.]
CAN'T-MISS TV: Homeland. I wanted to be a CIA agent when I was younger. I interned for Sen. Boxer, which led to a State Department internship at the U.S. Embassy in Burma. I ultimately declined that position, but for years I had intentions of pursuing a career in intelligence.
WHEN I'M NOT WORKING I'M: On Instagram, looking at travel websites or watching a movie.
I WAKE UP AT: 6:30 a.m.
THE FIRST THING I DO: Turn on MSNBC.
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic