THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Though UTA is most often associated with its ribald comic talent like Judd Apatow and Kristen Wiig, Peters, 42, keeps the joint classy with an always in-demand dramatic roster that includes Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy and two-time Emmy winner Aaron Paul. With a keen eye for high-quality material, the 14-year veteran of the William Morris Agency heads UTA's talent department -- which includes such stars as Johnny Depp and Channing Tatum -- and personally guides the careers of Stephen Moyer, Bill Hader, Hugh Dancy, Emily Browning, Jason Clarke, Goldie Hawn, January Jones, Dev Patel, Mads Mikkelsen, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Rosamund Pike.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: When I got my first freelance production coordinating job in Denver, on a commercial.
Who gave me my first big break: Amy Schiffman [now at Intellectual Property Group], who hired me as an assistant at William Morris and urged me to stay when I said, "I'm not sticking around answering phones all day." One indulgence Personal masseuse coming to my home once a week.
Can't get through my workday without: Zip Fizz. It's a vitamin drink.
Most surprising song on my iPod: Victoria Justice's "Make It in America."
Totally starstruck around: Diane Sawyer. I would die and go to heaven if I could hang out with her.
Top three shows on my DVR: 60 Minutes, ESPN's 30 for 30 and Dateline.
Embarrassed to admit I watch: Breaking Amish.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee’s Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love’ Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- AMC Is Planning a Stand-alone Episode of Zombies on a Plane
- Dylan Penn Shares Tea Time with DJs Sama & Haya at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Presented by Ever After High
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I Had a Sheltered Upbringing
- Jaden Smith Makes It a Boys' Night Out at Just Jared's Wonderland Party
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'