Hollywood's top 25 financial gatekeepers on their clients' craziest purchases; how to keep cash flow under control; and when to say no to family members who have their hands out — again.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The Hollywood Reporter’s third annual Power Business Managers package acknowledges the unsung professionals who keep the engine room of the industry's money machine humming. Business managers maximize cash flow from much-whittled paychecks and prevent overindulged stars from acting on their worst impulse purchases (lease the Gulfstream, don’t buy it).
"These business managers control how millions of dollars are spent -- that makes them incredibly powerful in Hollywood," says THR executive editor Matthew Belloni.
This year's package looks at everything from industry players who have cultivated lucrative second careers, to the hidden costs of keeping stars safe from paparazzi, to how to cut off freeloading family members.
"These business managers don't get much attention in Hollywood," says Belloni. "But they should."
Profiles by Alex Ben Block, Paul Bond, Eriq Gardner, Brandon Kirby and Rebecca Sun
- Bill Hader Thinks Recent 'SNL' Fan-Voted Bracket Needed More Women
- Grover And Abby Cadabby From 'Sesame Street' Really Love Michelle Obama's Hugs
- Toddler Takes The Lead In Choreographing Interpretive Dance For Adults
- Alison Bechdel Awarded MacArthur Fellowship: 'Fun Home' Creator One Of 21 New Fellows
- Adam Arkin on The Bridge, Directing Himself, and Getting Mistaken for George Clooney
- Get a Glimpse of the Hannibal Writers’ Room in This Clip From the Season 2 DVD
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- An In Depth Joan Rivers Biography is In the Works
- Taylor Schilling & 'OITNB' Cast Brighten Up the Red Carpet at Netflix Launch in Berlin!
- Avril Lavigne & Chad Kroeger's Relationship Reportedly in Trouble: 'They've Been Fighting A Lot'
- Ellen Page Wears Nearly Nothing & Flashes Her Amazing Abs for W's New Royals Issue