Hollywood's top 25 financial gatekeepers on their clients' craziest purchases; how to keep cash flow under control; and when to say no to family members who have their hands out — again.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 11 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
The Hollywood Reporter’s third annual Power Business Managers package acknowledges the unsung professionals who keep the engine room of the industry's money machine humming. Business managers maximize cash flow from much-whittled paychecks and prevent overindulged stars from acting on their worst impulse purchases (lease the Gulfstream, don’t buy it).
"These business managers control how millions of dollars are spent -- that makes them incredibly powerful in Hollywood," says THR executive editor Matthew Belloni.
This year's package looks at everything from industry players who have cultivated lucrative second careers, to the hidden costs of keeping stars safe from paparazzi, to how to cut off freeloading family members.
"These business managers don't get much attention in Hollywood," says Belloni. "But they should."
Profiles by Alex Ben Block, Paul Bond, Eriq Gardner, Brandon Kirby and Rebecca Sun
- The Cannes Diaries 2015: Aishwarya, Hitchcock, Heelgate and Wajib
- Jane Fonda Discusses Why She Thought Warren Beatty Was Gay In W Magazine Interview
- "Valley of Love" at Cannes: Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu Summoned to Californian Desert by Dead Son
- B.B. King Viewing Draws More Than 1,000 In Las Vegas
- Johnny Depp Transforms into Whitey Bulgar in 'Black Mass' Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- John Stamos Releases Statement on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Not Returning For 'Full House' Revival
- Dakota Fanning Dealt With Inappropriate Questions During Childhood
- Orange is the New Black's Dascha Polanco Opens Up on Battling Depression