Hollywood's Business Managers
A former musician, Gelfand decided early in his career that if he couldn't be a rock star, he at least wanted to be around them. Today, from the Los Angeles management firm he co-founded in 1976 -- one of the biggest celebrity management companies in the U.S. -- he's the financial quarterback for many touring musicians, not only handling their day-to-day bookkeeping but also administering the financial groundwork that lets performers collect revenue on a regular basis. "A good manager is a foot deep and 10 miles away in terms of knowledge about buying planes, paying taxes and hiring gardeners," he says.
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!