Hollywood's Business Managers
A former musician, Gelfand decided early in his career that if he couldn't be a rock star, he at least wanted to be around them. Today, from the Los Angeles management firm he co-founded in 1976 -- one of the biggest celebrity management companies in the U.S. -- he's the financial quarterback for many touring musicians, not only handling their day-to-day bookkeeping but also administering the financial groundwork that lets performers collect revenue on a regular basis. "A good manager is a foot deep and 10 miles away in terms of knowledge about buying planes, paying taxes and hiring gardeners," he says.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami
- Cate Blanchett's 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Will Invade Comic-Con
- Kate Beckinsale's Birthday is Tomorrow & She's Looking More Beautiful Than Ever!