THR's Power Business Managers 2013
While running a firm founded in 1967 with offices in New York and L.A., Gelfand also manages the finances of Bob Dylan, Neil Diamond and Will Smith, among others. In this digital age, he maintains that the process has changed: "There's faster communication with clients and more rapid responses to client needs. It's our responsibility to slow it down a bit. When it comes to financial matters, sometimes it's good to take a step back."
Managing the firm's 215 staffers is just as key as managing clients: "If you think you can do it all, you're not providing good, multiple eyeballs on everything, from a simple check to a complex investment."
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!