THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Howard, 68, has had two distinct but equally successful careers during her decades-long run in Hollywood: Her first was as a casting director, and after reaching the pinnacle with 1982's Tootsie, she spent the next 25 years rising through the talent agency ranks. Along the way, the married Howard has picked up as clients Hollywood veterans including Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine and Christopher Walken plus up-and-comers like Eric Stonestreet. "I embrace my age," she says. "Youth isn't all that it's cracked up to be."
Proudest moment this year: Watching Sam Jackson work on the set of Django Unchained.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Convincing a client to take work for little money. It's an ongoing challenge.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Playing video poker. Even though I am gambling with people's lives every day at work, I can't get enough of it.
When people are confused about what I do, I tell them: People refer to me as Debbie Downer, but I'm actually Rita Realistic.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!