THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Jacobs is widely considered the most powerful female agent for a reason: Her A-list clients include Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford and Gwyneth Paltrow, among many others. She’s also known for her keen ability to spot and market rising talent, like SNL’s Kristen Wiig, who made her big-screen debut in Judd Apatow’s Knocked Up and went on to co-write and star in Bridesmaids (and earn an Oscar nomination for screenwriting). Jacobs, 54, also reps hot filmmakers such as Mike White, who made a smooth transition back to TV with HBO’s Enlightened.
Who gave me my first big break: [ICM co-founder] Sam Cohn.
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: Go home to my sanctuary.
My indulgence: Buying art.
Can’t get through my workday without: Teuscher chocolate caramels.
Proudest moment this year: I helped save The Lone Ranger.
Top shows on my DVR: Boardwalk Empire, HBO documentaries,Mad Men, Breaking Bad.
Worst advice I’ve ever gotten: “Lie.”
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration