THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Jacobs is widely considered the most powerful female agent for a reason: Her A-list clients include Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford and Gwyneth Paltrow, among many others. She’s also known for her keen ability to spot and market rising talent, like SNL’s Kristen Wiig, who made her big-screen debut in Judd Apatow’s Knocked Up and went on to co-write and star in Bridesmaids (and earn an Oscar nomination for screenwriting). Jacobs, 54, also reps hot filmmakers such as Mike White, who made a smooth transition back to TV with HBO’s Enlightened.
Who gave me my first big break: [ICM co-founder] Sam Cohn.
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: Go home to my sanctuary.
My indulgence: Buying art.
Can’t get through my workday without: Teuscher chocolate caramels.
Proudest moment this year: I helped save The Lone Ranger.
Top shows on my DVR: Boardwalk Empire, HBO documentaries,Mad Men, Breaking Bad.
Worst advice I’ve ever gotten: “Lie.”
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Artist Reimagines Disney Princes And Princesses As Real People, Will Almost Certainly Make You Swoon
- Jon Snow Is 'Dead Is Dead Is Dead,' Says HBO Exec; Still, Doubts Linger
- Ryan Seacrest’s 'Knock Knock Live' Axed After Just 2 Episodes
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols's Career
- Rock Series from Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name
- Ice T Voices Papa Smurf, Slaps Another Smurf in the Face, and Then Laughs About It
- Watch Marty Throw a Temper Tantrum After Watching True Detective's Second Season