The Hollywood Reporter Names 2013's 35 Most Powerful People in Media
This story first appeared in the April 26 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Williams, 48, is famously emotional, high energy, fun-loving, loud and gossipy, and her loyal and diverse viewership hangs on her every “How you doin’?”
Now in its fourth season, her show — on which she has hosted guests ranging from the Trumps to Alicia Keys — has been tweaked with an expanded, commercial-free, talk-of-the-day segment, now 20 minutes rather than eight. So far this season, it’s up double digits in the key women 25-to-54 demo.
Williams and her husband, Kevin, recently inked a first-look development deal with Oxygen. Arriving in July: her debut wig line, Wendy Williams Hair World.
MOST RECENT BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT: Losing 20 pounds: “Who wants to be in HD looking like a hippo? Thanks to Lycra, [I don’t] need a whole new wardrobe.”
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!