In a year fraught with corporate challenges, two women have steered their respective ships with unparaelleled skill and assurance. Once can take credit for a record performance on the film side; the other, for a television business of unrivaled global influence.
The editors of The Hollywood Reporter considered the following factors in determining this year's Power 100 rankings:
- Achievements in 2009: Boxoffice, television ratings or dollars generated
- Overall authority: How much clout the individual has within her company, how many divisions/employees she oversees and how much influence her company has in Hollywood.
- Greenlight power: Ability to get a project made, or proximity to the person who can make it.
- Standing: The invidual's reputation within the community at large.
Note: This list looks primarily at women who influence Hollywood in the film and television arena and does not include international power players or those in other areas of entertainment such as music or publishing.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
Co-chairman, Sony Pictures Entertainment read more
Co-chairman, Disney Media Networks read more
Chairman, Harpo read more
President, CBS Network Television Entertainment Group read more
President, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment read more
Co-chairman, Universal Pictures read more
Co-chairman and CEO, DreamWorks Studios read more
Chairman, Twentieth Century Fox Televisionread more
President, CBS Entertainment read more
President/Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios read more
President of Worldwide Marketing, Warner Bros. Pictures read more
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws