In a year fraught with corporate challenges, two women have steered their respective ships with unparaelleled skill and assurance. Once can take credit for a record performance on the film side; the other, for a television business of unrivaled global influence.
The editors of The Hollywood Reporter considered the following factors in determining this year's Power 100 rankings:
- Achievements in 2009: Boxoffice, television ratings or dollars generated
- Overall authority: How much clout the individual has within her company, how many divisions/employees she oversees and how much influence her company has in Hollywood.
- Greenlight power: Ability to get a project made, or proximity to the person who can make it.
- Standing: The invidual's reputation within the community at large.
Note: This list looks primarily at women who influence Hollywood in the film and television arena and does not include international power players or those in other areas of entertainment such as music or publishing.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
President, TV Networks Distribution, NBC Universal read more
Partner, Hansen Jacobson Teller Hoberman Newman Warren & Richmanread more
Partner, Ziffren Brittenham read more
Executive vp business affairs, CBS Network Television Groupread more
Founder-partner, BermanBraun read more
Partner and Motion Picture Agent, UTAread more
Exec vp business affairs and administration, ABC Entertainment read more
Executive vp, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Universal Cable P...read more
Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
Exec vp network scripted creative, ABC Entertainment Group read more
President, Sony Pictures International Motion Picture read more
- Rihanna Flaunts Her Rockin' Body While Vacationing in Hawaii
- Patrick Dempsey Says He Left 'Grey's Anatomy' on Good Terms With Shonda Rhimes & His Co-Stars
- Bruce Jenner's Ex-Wife Linda Thompson Says She 'Would Not Have Married Him' If She Knew About Gender Issues
- Brad Pitt Provides Explanation for Bruised Face: 'Road Rash'