'Up All Night' Nabs Henry Winkler to Play Ava's Dad (Exclusive)
The actor behind "The Fonz" sheds light on the talk show host's need for attention on NBC's freshman comedy.
What could drive Ava’s (Maya Rudolph) constant need for attention and approval on NBC’s Up All Night? We’re about find out when the man who played “The Fonz” drops in to the NBC comedy later this season.
Winkler will play Robert Alexander, a children’s book author who’s adored by a generation of readers. And while the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it’s those same readers who Ava has had to compete with for his one-on-one attention. At this time, no airdate has been set by NBC for Winkler’s episode.
'The actor originally played the iconic model of cool, Arthur “Fonzie” Fonzarelli, on Happy Days for about a decade between 1974-1984. His other TV credits include another fatherly role on Royal Pains, Sy on Childrens Hospital, and Barry on Arrested Development.
Up All Night airs Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)