'20/20' Names David Muir Co-Anchor After Chris Cuomo Departure
Following Cuomo's exit to CNN, ABC News confirms that the correspondent will join Elizabeth Vargas at the desk.
In the wake of Chris Cuomo's abrupt move to CNN, one of the ABC newsman's current jobs will be filled by David Muir.
ABC News president Ben Sherwood said Tuesday that the correspondent will take Cuomo's 20/20 seat as Elizabeth Vargas' co-anchor. Muir will continue to serve as World News' weekend anchor and Diane Sawyer's weekday pinch hitter.
"David has been an authoritative presence at the anchor desk, most recently anchoring nearly five hours straight as we learned of the horrible events unfolding in Newtown," said Sherwood in a statement.
Starting his broadcast career at WTVH Syracuse, N.Y., and WCVB in Boston, Muir joined ABC News in 2003. He has reported for all ABC News broadcasts including 20/20, World News, Good Morning America, Primetime and Nightline. He has clocked more hours on air than any other ABC News correspondent during the past two years.
Muir's move to 20/20 is effective immediately.
Cuomo follows Washington reporter Jake Tapper as the second ABC News anchor to make the move to CNN since Jeff Zucker's appointment as CNN Worldwide president.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game