'24' Miniseries Recruits Judy Davis in Recurring Role
UPDATED: Fox's follow-up is bulking up its cast for the 2014 return.
24: Live Another Day is adding an Oscar nominee to the mix.
Judy Davis, nominated for an Academy Award for 1984's A Passage to India and 1992's Husbands and Wives, has joined the 12-episode miniseries in a recurring capacity, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Davis will portray Margot, a British national and the widow of a notorious terrorist. The mini is slated for a spring 2014 premiere.
She joins previously announced castmembers Kim Raver, William Devane and Mary Lynn Rajskub, who reunite with star Kiefer Sutherland in reprising their 24 roles.
24: Live Another Day will take place in London and follow the further exploits of Jack Bauer (Sutherland), taking up his story four years after the events of 24's final season in 2010. The mini will continue with the series' signature real-time action for each episode.
Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury, Robert Cochran, Brian Grazer, Jon Cassar and Sutherland are executive producers. Teakwood Lane Productions, 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV are the production companies. 24 was created by Joel Surnow and Cochran.
Davis is repped by ICM Partners and Shanahan Management.
Editor's note: The original story stated that Davis was playing a "fierce" German arms dealer. The casting has been updated with the updated character description.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram