'24: Live Another Day': Judy Davis Exits Miniseries
The Oscar-nominated actress would have recurred as a main villain.
The Oscar-nominated actress, who lives in Australia, was to have played the villainous Margot, a British national and the widow of a notorious terrorist, a role that was slated for multiple episodes.
Casting begins immediately to find a replacement. Filming in London is already underway.
Davis was to have co-starred with Kim Raver, William Devane and Mary Lynn Rajskub, who are reuniting with star Kiefer Sutherland in reprising their 24 roles. Tate Donovan, Yvonne Strahovski, Benjamin Bratt and Michael Wincott are among the new castmembers.
24: Live Another Day takes place in London and follows the further exploits of Jack Bauer (Sutherland), taking up his story four years after the events of 24's final season in 2010. The mini will continue with the series' signature real-time action for each episode.
Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, Manny Coto, David Fury, Robert Cochran, Brian Grazer, Jon Cassar and Sutherland are executive producers. Teakwood Lane Productions, 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV are the production companies. 24 was created by Joel Surnow and Cochran.
24: Live Another Day, which debuted a gritty teaser during Super Bowl Sunday, premieres with a two-hour launch May 5 at 8 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack