'30 Rock' Duo Inks Overall Deal With Universal Television
Dylan Morgan and Josh Siegal will develop new projects for the studio under their new two-year pact.
30 Rock alums Dylan Morgan and Josh Siegal are heading to Universal Television.
The duo, who were previously based at Sony Pictures Television, have inked a new two-year overall deal with 30 Rock producers Universal Television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
"As their outstanding work on 30 Rock proves, Dylan and Josh are terrific, bright comedy writers," Universal Television exec vp Bela Bajaria said. "We’re very much looking forward to having them work on new series and developing new material for us at Universal TV."
Siegal and Morgan most recently served as co-exec producers on NBC's 30 Rock. Before that, they rose through the ranks on USA Network's Monk, starting as staff writers and finishing the show's run as co-producers.
The duo shared in 30 Rock's Emmy nominations for outstanding comedy series in 2011, '12 and '13. They also s hared in the show's WGA nominations for best comedy series from 2010-14 as well as PGA noms for outstanding producer of episodic television in 2013 and '14.
Siegal and Morgan are repped by UTA and attorney Mitch Smelkinson.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)