'30 Rock' Adds 'Breaking Bad's' Bryan Cranston, Catherine O'Hara for Final Season
The duo will guest star in an episode of the NBC comedy, playing Kenneth's mom and her "friend" Ron.
Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston is continuing his relationship with NBC.
The Emmy winner, who recently signed on to direct an episode of The Office, will guest star along with Catherine O'Hara on an upcoming episode of 30 Rock, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Guide magazine, Christopher Guest regular O'Hara will play the mother of Jack McBrayer's lovable page Kenneth, and Cranston will play his mom's "friend," Ron.
Cranston recently popped in to Dunder Mifflin to direct an episode for the final season of NBC's The Office -- which, like 30 Rock, will end its run after its upcoming season. Cranston will not be directing the Tina Fey starrer, which recently booked Maulik Pancholoy to reprise his role as Jack's (Alec Baldwin) assistant.
The 30 Rock gig becomes the latest comedy bit for Cranston, who also has voiced characters on The Cleveland Show, The Simpsons, Archer, Robot Chicken, Family Guy and more.
O'Hara's small-screen work includes a regular voice role on Glenn Martin, DDS and episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Six Feet Under. She also was a regular on SCTV during the 1980s.
30 Rock returns at 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4., on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR