'6 Days to Air' Chronicles Creation of 'South Park' Episode (Video)
The behind-the-scenes doc airs Oct. 9 on Comedy Central.
Comedy Central has unveiled a 99-second preview of its 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park special.
Directed by Arthur Bradford (How's Your News) and shot over the course of three months at the South Park Studios in Los Angeles, the hour-long doc features interviews with South Park masterminds Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Saturday Night Live's Bill Hader and members of the animated program's team that turn over new episodes a week before they hit airwaves.
"We wanted to make something that would appeal to both the hard-core fans and the casual viewers," said Bradford. "Trey and Matt are two of the most interesting people I know and the way they make South Park is completely fascinating and inspiring."
Scenes from the doc include a straight-faced female crew member explaining to standards and practices how characters defecating into each other's mouths falls within broadcast standards. "We're not going to see feces in the iteration that I have seen so far," she says.
Parker is on record saying, "There's a show on this Wednesday. We don't even know what it is. Even though that's the way we've always done it, there's this little thing going 'Oh, you're screwed.'"
And Hader declares, "What they want to do in being funny, that's it, that's the priority. They don't worry about anything else.
6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park airs Sunday, Oct. 9 at 10 p.m. on Comedy Central. New episodes of South Park resume Oct. 5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws