A&E Orders More Wahlburgers
The freshman reality show from Mark, Donnie and Paul Wahlberg, which is enjoying solid ratings with a Duck Dynasty lead-in, gets 18 more episodes at the cable network.
A&E is ordering more servings of Wahlburgers. The freshman reality show about the burgeoning restaurant business of Boston's famous Wahlberg clan has landed 18 more episodes at the cable network.
The news comes just three episodes into the Wahlburgers' run. The series has been averaging 3.5 million viewers and growing modestly since its premiere, thanks in no small part to an advantageous lead-in from fellow Wednesday series Duck Dynasty.
"Viewers are responding to the heartwarming dynamics of Boston's first family as they balance living in the Hollywood spotlight and growing a business," said A&E general manager and executive vp David McKillop. "We look forward to seeing what the Wahlbergs cook up next."
Wahlburgers features famous brothers Mark and Donnie returning to Boston to launch a burger restaurant with brother Paul. Mother Alma is also featured on the show.
The strong initial showing for Wahlburgers is a good news for A&E, which has been looking for a strong partner for hit Duck Dynasty. The latter, still a force to be reckoned with and cable's biggest hit outside of The Walking Dead, has lost some ratings steam from last year's highs.
44 Blue Productions produces the series for A&E Networks in association with Closest to the Hole Productions, Leverage Entertainment and Donnie D Productions. Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, Donnie Wahlberg, Rasha Drachkovitch, Lily Neumeyer and Devon Graham serve as executive producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!