A&E Orders Weinstein's 'Rodeo Girls' to Series
The unscripted pickup comes on the heels of Friday's green light for "The Governor's Wife"
A&E is adding another reality series to its unscripted slate.
After Friday morning's pickup for The Governor's Wife, the network announced that Rodeo Girls (working title) has been ordered to series as well. Pre-production has already begun on the eight-episode order on the series, which comes from The Weinstein Company.
"We are thrilled to be working with The Weinstein Company on Rodeo Girls," said EVP of Programming for A&E Network and BIO Channel, David McKillop. "The women of the competitive barrel racing world are formidable athletes living sensational lives and we are excited for our viewers to go along for the wild ride."
As McKillop and the tentative title make clear, the series is a fly-on-the-wall look at the women of the pro rodeo circuit.
Meryl Poster, Barbara Schneeweiss, Roe Baker and Darcy Lapier are EPs for The Weinstein Company, along with Stephen Land for Jupiter Entertainment. A&E execs David McKillop, Elaine Frontain Bryant, Lily Neumeyer and Devon Graham are also EPs.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR